Meet the Flowers (2019)

In 2019, the collective received oh so much clarity about who we are and where we are headed. It was a triumphant year for spiritual sojourners. That's not to say it that 2019 has been easy, though! We faced our demons, experienced the growing pains of real expansion, and painstakingly reevaluated our beliefs and life choices. Throughout it all, we have been supported by Spirit and held by Mother Earth. To close out the year, I want to take a look back at the flowers whose medicine shaped the 2019 experience.


Hibiscus


Hibiscus flower is a huge, dramatic presence that unfurls in a stunning spiral of life. She is the biggest presence in the room. She doesn’t hide anything. She allows herself to be totally seen! And when people lean in to peer at her glory, she sees them in return. 


Working with hibiscus has reminded me that the process of re-discovering my inner self is valuable medicine, not only to me but for everyone around me as well. When we embrace the truth of our biggest selves, we encourage others to do the same. This world needs more individuals who know who they are, what they want, and have the courage to make their desires a constructive reality.

Nothing deters a hardy hibiscus from blooming -- not dryness, not the cold, not bad vibes -- nothing! She gives no f*cks. She needs no permission to exist. She will bloom as she pleases, and when she opens there is no way to miss her in all of her glory. 

When you are ready to see and be seen, or if it’s finally time to be unapologetically YOU and pursue what you want, look no further than Hibiscus essence.


Pink Lady's Slipper


"The day after my wedding, I encountered Pink Lady’s Slipper orchid for the first time. This plant is one of the most alien looking things you could stumble across--truly mystical! At the time I wasn’t ready for her medicine, so I went on my way only to be called back again exactly one year later.

By then I had come to terms with the fact that my sexuality was stunted in many ways. I had always considered myself to be a sensual being, but it came to my attention over time that there was a lot of shame and repression present within me when it came to my personal power, sexual or otherwise."

Sometimes we forget that our sexual and creative expression is a part of our spirituality. We tend to keep these areas of our lives separate, but they are meant to intertwine in holy balance. When they fall out of step with one another, we end up experiencing unhealthy sexual patterns, shame, creative blocks, and disillusionment.

If shame is holding you back from fully enjoying sensuality and creative energies, if your head and your heart are vastly disconnected, or if you feel that your spiritual self and your physical self are at odds with one another, Pink Lady’s Slipper will be an invaluable ally for you. She balances your upper and lower chakras and restores the joy of sensuality to your days.  


Jasmine


"At a low point in my life a few years back, I was ready to give up on nearly everything. I tried to drop out of graduate school, I quit my job, I wasn’t attending church, I wasn’t enjoying my personal relationships, and frankly I wasn’t a big fan of myself, either. Everything felt dull and pointless.

It was at that time that I met my Jasmine plant. Her hearty green stalks filled my bedroom with a poised steadiness that had been lacking for some time.. Her leaves were vibrant and elegant all at once, and when she suddenly bloomed one night--shockingly fragrant white buds filling my bedroom with magic--I remembered all at once that life is beautiful." 



When you have been quiet and timid for too long, when the world has felt gray and nothing enchanting ever seems to happen, when you are down in the dumps or riddled with wariness, Jasmine is here for you.

The night-blooming white blossoms of Jasmine are so tiny and yet they manage to fill an entire room with their sensual fragrance, reminding you to see the magic in even the simplest things--in even yourself. She restores intrigue and beauty to your days. Relating to the Empress tarot card, her medicine reminds you that you are quirky, sexy, creative, and powerful! 

Jasmine is my go-to essence for winter time blues. No matter how many years I have worked with this plant, I will never stop calling on her magic. If you are feeling called to embody your unique form of expression more fully, or if life's got you down and you need a solid pick me up, look no further than Jasmine flower essence.  


Ghost Pipe 


"I knew that it was time to let go, but I was afraid--afraid that I would go too far as I cleared things out and end up throwing the baby out with the bathwater, so to speak. That I would get rid of something essential, the core essence of me and that I would end up empty after the letting go had ended. It was then that I stumbled into a forest full of Ghost Pipes..."

No plant has spoken to the collective as a whole like Ghost Pipe has done over the past year! So many people are hearing the call of these mysterious white and black stalks and responding with faith. This is a clear sign from Spirit that we humans are ready to start evolving spiritually. We are entering a new paradigm of healing and Ghost Pipe is here to help. 

The magic of Ghost Pipe is its ability to pinpoint exactly what needs to be cleared out of your system without going too far. This years Ghost Pipe flower essence in particular works through dreams to show you what is ready to "die" in order to make room for new growth. 

This plant is the chief ally for liminal moments along the journey, in times when you aren't sure how to proceed, when you're not seeing clearly, or when you're holding on to things that you know you need to release. She gives you the strength and the insight to give up the ghost. 

- - - -

I can't wait to see which flowers the collective will be ready for in 2020! I can already sense a huge energy coming forward for some magic making once the snow melts in the spring. 

Comments

Popular Posts